Bruno Fernandes and Lisandro Martinez were the two Manchester United players that led a half-time rant at the Etihad Stadium.
Erik ten Hag’s side were humbled by Manchester City and found themselves 4-0 down at halftime for the second time this season.
According to The Sun, Fernandes and Martinez blasted their teammates for such a weak display in the first half.
The rant was so loud that the officials at the stadium could hear it.
Fernandes said after the match:
“The attitude and the belief from the beginning was not the best and caused us many problems and made us concede early goals.”
“After, we have to run back the result, and the second half was much better.”
“We are really disappointed but now it’s time to focus on the next game and understand that we have to get back to the performances that we did before — in the belief and everything, in the togetherness principle — and understand that this cannot get us down.”
United’s second-half display was considerably better but still came out 6-3 losers at the end of the match.
Ten Hag will be pleased to know that in Fernandes and Martinez, he has two leaders in the dressing room.
The United boss stated he was disappointed with the team’s lack of belief against Man City.
United must learn from their mistakes and turn their attention toward a tricky fixture against Omonia in the UEFA Europa League this Thursday.
- Get all the match build-up, articles, news, puzzles, nostalgia and humour
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy for just £1.25/$1.50
- Limited time offer: SAVE £10 on a season pass – use discount code SEASON35 at checkout.